Location: Akasha Hub, Barcelona, Spain
Date: May 10-11th, 2019
Organization: Martin Etzrodt, Sönke Bartling
Topics: Decentralized Publishing and social networking for science, IPFS, Web3 for science, ICO for Science projects, new value propositions, grant money distribution and tracking through blockchain, new deals on research data …
Program is work in progress – if you want to present write to us.
- 10th of May, afternoon #SPONBC19: Scientific publishing and communication backed by blockchain technology
- Adrià Massanet: codecontext.io A hands-on workshop on zk-snarks using Zokrates & SnarksJS.
- Andrei Sambra: AKASHA Bridging Networks with Hyperdata – a storage & network-agnostic data model and schema(s) for linking data across different networks and platforms.
- PD Dr. Sönke Bartling: The year of Blockchain For Science & Web3, Web 3.0, decentralization … in the context of science WTH?
- Dr. Martin Etzrodt: AKASHA social networking for research
- Dr. Imad Abdallah: Experimenting with Fractal flows: from linked data, prediction markets to monetization of open science platforms – Interactive presentation.
- Pepo Ospina: Introduction to the _Protocol, like GIT but for ideas and conversations.
- Social dinner
- 11th of May #CRYPTSCIENCE19: The emerging cryptoeconomy for science and knowledge creation
- Prof. Stefan Krauss: Status of science funding and perspectives for the future
- PD Dr. Sönke Bartling: Blockchain tokens and new idea economies as a mean to make innovations fly
- Theo Beutel: Exploring new ways to coordinate and fund research: the case of DAOs
- Prof. Jens Ducrée: An Open-Platform Approach for Promoting Democratisation of Value Creation in RTD enabled by Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Daniel Shavit: The abstract machine: presentation of an immutable, decentralised and self governed academic journal project running on top of Pando and discussion on possible extensions and implications for open-science
- How to cook a DAO – interactive workshop with members of the DAOstack GenesisDAO (Kate Beecroft & Francesca Pick)
Hands-on workshops will be announced.
Suggested close by budget accomodation: Travelodge Barcelona Poblenou
Telegram channel for this event.
The event will most likely be recorded and published.
All in an unconference / workshop style.